Welcome to our ‘Anything Anywhere’ Blog!
We’ve launched this blog to offer you helpful hints and tips and a little insight into our world of packing and sending anything, anywhere!
We thought we’d start by giving you a sneak peak at the top ten most weird and wonderful items we’ve sent over the last 20 years…Imagine how much bubble wrap a humpback whale needs! We love a challenge and luckily our teams are experts at thinking outside the box, when it comes to packing one.
Since PACK & SEND opened its first store in 1993 we’ve grown to over 130 service centres, so when we put the call out to create this list there were a lot of stories to tell! It was tough to cut it down to ten but here we go:
- A girl – wait, what? She wanted to surprise her parents after returning from travelling, so jumped in a box and turned up at their doorstep!
- A life size blow up humpback whale and calf, weighing a massive 300kg.
- Baby’s milk, sent from the UK to New Zealand. No joke.
- Elephant tusks 2.5 metres long from Africa sent to Hong Kong – try getting that through customs!
- Ceremonial swords – hiiyaa!
- A stuffed peacock… with full expanded 2 metre wingspan.
- A 60th birthday cake moved 600kms across the country.
- A giant working Ferris Wheel model (5ft by 2ft) shipped from Europe to a local antiques fair.
- A pair of large binoculars from a WW2 Japanese warship. What they were doing in country Victoria, who knows?
- A three metre long computer data server filled with mini servers sent to Singapore – now that’s a lot of memory!
We’re busy packing some more insights to send your way in time for our next delivery!
Bye for now
PACK & SEND