Christmas is the biggest online spending period for Australians. The month of November has the second highest growth rate for online spending, with Australian retailers leveraging on overseas shopping events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Did you know? 30% of all online purchases occur in the three months leading up to Christmas!
Here’s a Marketing Checklist on how to prepare your eCommerce store for the upcoming holiday season:
- Work out your Christmas marketing budget early! You should already have this by now.
- Check your inventory and ensure that you don’t run out of stock. If you have run out, ensure it is clearly indicated on your site that a product is sold out.
- Get involved with Black Friday and Cyber Monday discounts! In the US, Cyber Monday is the biggest online spending day of the year, and these events are growing in Australia!
- Get your SEO campaign ready and start doing keyword research early. Find out what is converting for Christmas using tools such as Google Keyword Tool and SEM Rush.
- Create Christmas-themed images for your website, social media, and email marketing.
- Ensure you have Christmas-focused blog content ready. For example:
- Gift Guides for 2020
- Holiday Promotion Offer
- 12 days of Christmas sale
- Prepare your Christmas PPC ad campaigns
- Ensure you have Christmas deals ready
- Offer free shipping or an extended return period
- Provide clear shipping information about delivery dates before Christmas.
- Offer free gift wrapping. Don’t forget to stock up on wrapping paper and tape!
- Offer Christmas gift vouchers in the lead up to Christmas to encourage customers to return to your site when they’re doing their gift shopping.
- Ensure your website hosting can scale with additional customers. 52% of customers think that website loading time is an important factor with online shopping during Christmas.
- Ensure you have a preferred delivery partner for Christmas who can scale for your eCommerce business. PACK & SEND is a trusted partner with an average of 4.5 out of 5 stars in 21,000 reviews!
Discover how PACK & SEND can help your eCommerce store here!