Want peace of mind that your parcel will arrive in the same condition that you sent it in? Look no further…
No one wants to be on the receiving end of a package with damaged contents. We all know that feeling of disappointment as you open up a long-awaited package, only to find the inside contents chipped, squashed or worse, broken beyond repair.
Finally, the time has come to uncross your fingers and stop merely hoping your package arrives in one piece – PACK & SEND has prepared five handy tips to help you package your parcels with care:
1) Pick a rigid but lightweight box – Don’t underestimate the importance of choosing the correct box for your goods. Always select a carton which is both rigid and strong and just slightly bigger than the size of the contents you wish to send (so you can add protective cushioning). Picking a lightweight box will also help to keep costs low.
2) Cushioning is key – Whether it’s bubble wrap, a paper mache tray, an inner AND an outer container or some old-faithful polystyrene chips, there is something out there keep your contents perfectly protected. Don’t be afraid to mix and match – if taking the extra precaution of submerging your paper mache tray in to a box full of polystyrene chips means that your item will arrive safely, then do it!
3) It’s all about space - Leave at least 2 inches of space around the item to ensure there is room for suitable cushioning. A smaller box may prevent movement internally, but remember it leaves your item vulnerable to damage from outside. Additionally, refrain from squeezing numerous items in to the same box if they might cause damage to one another.
4) WARNING - FRAGILE – Applying a FRAGILE or HANDLE WITH CARE notice on your package is an easy way to draw attention and encourage the careful handling to your fragile item while in transit.
5) And lastly – Often the tape, as the last step in the packing process, is overlooked. Ensure you opt for a strong packing tape such as nylon or vinyl tape and apply along all edges and openings. Securely wrapping and fastening your package is the last step to ensure your package isn’t at risk of opening mid transit.
But what if you don’t have the bubble wrap, time or patience to package your own precious goods? Then let PACK & SEND do all the work for you! Our skilled professionals, trained in packing fragile, awkward, large and valuable items, can to do it for you with just one quick phone call!
Furthermore, if you’d like complete peace of mind, any packed items delivered by PACK & SEND can also be protected for loss or damage with the option of warranty.
So what are you waiting for? Send that antique vase to your grandma today!
Find your nearest Service Centre here: https://www.packsend.com.au/service-centres/